Start, stop and maintenance for large capacity double suction pump
Ready before starting
1. Moving the motor vane by hand, the impeller shouldn't rub, the rotation is nimble.
2. Open inlet valve and discharge valve to fill whole pump with liquid, then close discharge valve after it is full.
3. Start pump by hand, to make lubrication enter into mechanical seal surface.
4. Start motor , check revolving direction is right or not.
Start and running
Full-open inlet valve, close the valve of discharge pipeline.
Turn on power source, open the valve on discharge pipeline to regulate work condition after revolving speed of pump keep normal
Observing gauge data carefully, checking the leakage condition of shaft's seal. When it is normal, the leakage quantity of mechanical seal is<3 drop/minute, the leakage quantity of stuffing is <10 ml/h.
Check the motor and bearing, its temperature should be 70 , if they aren't normal, it should treat in time.
1. Close the valve of discharge pipeline, turn off power source.
2. Close the valve of inlet.
3. If ambient temperature is lower than 0 , all the liquid in pump should discharge to avoid freezing and cracking.
4. If unit keeps stop condition for long time, we should disassemble pump and coat rust-proof grease on it.